How To Choose The Best Wedding Guest Dress?
Wedding Guest Dresses Appropriate for Any Ceremony
When you're invited to a wedding, the first thing you might do is get excited about the big day, but the second thing you'll probably do is a wonder: What are you going to wear? Thankfully, Lulus is here to come to the rescue with plenty of wedding guest dresses that strike just the right balance between standing out and not upstaging the bride.
Whatever your role, be it family or friend of the happy couple, you can be sure that you'll step out in the latest style in one of our formal wedding guest dresses. Maybe an elegant floor-length gown would be appropriate for the occasion. Or maybe it's a less formal, daytime wedding and you're thinking of rocking a mini dress instead. We've got virtually every style option imaginable to fit any personality and occasion. You're sure to appreciate our affordable prices to shop the wedding guest dresses, too.
Best Dresses to Wear to a Wedding as a Guest
Every wedding is a unique celebration, so as you consider your options for wedding guest dresses, it's helpful to think about the details of the wedding you're attending.
- An outdoor wedding will have a distinctly different vibe than a formal church wedding, so dress accordingly. For outdoor celebrations, try a wrap dress in a pretty floral print.
- When the bride and groom will be meeting in a house of worship, you'd be better off choosing a maxi dress or a lace dress to help them celebrate. Keep in mind any religious edicts about modesty: This probably isn't the place for a strapless dress or one with a plunging neckline.
- If you're not sure which way to go, it's always best to ask the bride or another close family member for recommendations. Some weddings even have strict dress codes, especially when the reception will be held in an upscale venue. Check the invitation for a note about whether the wedding will be a black-tie affair.
Choosing Colors for Dresses for Wedding Guests
Dress color is another important consideration not to be ignored. The season of the event will be a major factor in your dress color choice, but there are also a few etiquette considerations to keep in mind.
- Autumn and winter weddings are the ideal time to choose deep colors such as burgundy, navy, and forest green.
- When nuptials take place in the spring and summer, you're free to lighten things up: Try dresses in fresh hues such as blush pink, light gray, and pale yellow.
- Look at the invitation's color scheme to get an idea of what color(s) the bridesmaids will be wearing. When you're choosing dresses to wear to a wedding as a guest, you don't want to match the bridesmaids' dresses.
- Although the old rule of never wearing black to a wedding has been relaxed in today's fashion climate, it's still a major faux pas to choose a dress in anything close to white, ivory, or cream: Those colors are reserved for the bride.